Universities in Canada are rated amongst the top 100 worldwide which are preferred by more than 130,000 international students annually. These offering a high-quality teaching system, that’s why it is thought out to process Canada Student Visa. Canada is also prosperous in its capabilities and civilization.
There are three main aspects namely Exploration, scientific broadcasting and international partnerships that Canada and its universities focus on. In other words, Canada proposal a steep quality, research-based education that is widely recognized.
A number of times the country is approved as one of the most secured and global environment which is acceptable for international students.
Most of the Canadian Universities are less costly than in the United States and the United Kingdom, that reason makes them even more interesting for students.
The student visa application process for Canada begins with collecting an admission proposal from a Canadian university, you will require a study permit to study at a designated learning institution (DLI) in Canada.
It is mandatory for all foreign students to acquire a student power and visa earlier to their migrating to study in Canada. A student must fulfill all the necessities of the Canadian Immigration Act and Regulations under normal conditions. Attentively admit a minimum of four to six weeks for your visa to be prepared.
If you want to study in Canada, you will need to get a Canadian study permit, which presents as a Canadian student visa for the period of your visit to stay.
You do not need to have a Canadian study permit if your course or program finish within six months or less. However, it may be a good opinion to apply for a permit before you come to Canada ever, in another way if you make a determination or you want to carry on your studies in the additional program, you will need to leave Canada and again apply for a study permit over a visa office.
In the past you have a Canadian study permit then you can apply to extend it from within Canada if you determine to extend your studies. For full-time students recorded at an officially recognized higher education institution, a study permit also grants you to work part-time on campus.
You may also be capable of performing off-campus or you can work as a co-op or intern as part of your program. You have another option to stay in Canada as a permanent resident or discover a job after you graduate.
Once you decide that you want to study in Canada, you have to figure out – how difficult is it to get a student visa for Canada, which will play a crucial role in the whole process to get a student visa for Canada.
So, for solving questions like what do you have to do to get your student visa for Canada and how difficult is it? There are the main steps to get the best information for the process.
1. Decides a university to apply for study and get your acceptance letter:
If you are still not clear on which university you want to study in Canada, then you will have to determine earlier you can start your student visa application process. After being approved at a Canadian university, you will get an acceptance letter needed for the visa application.
The most admirable way to find the highly beneficial education provider is to perform research on the best universities/colleges in Canada contributing relevant courses and shortlist a few of them.
After this process, a brief look through the website of the shortlisted colleges and select the convenient one in terms of quality of education, ranking, program structure, program fee and other conveniences for international students.
If you are still confused in selecting university then you can deal with some of the following top universities in Canada:
– Brock University
– Seneca College
– University of Regina
– Wilfrid Laurier University
– Mount Allison University
2. Check that you need to apply for a student visa in Canada or not:
You don’t require a study visa or Canadian study permit if one of the following situations are related to you:
– You are a family or faculty member of a foreign representative in Canada, who is certified by the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade, and Development Canada.
– You admit in a study program that ends less than six months.
– You are a representative of foreign armed forces from the Visiting Forces Act.
– You are a civilian of another country, but you have an Indian position recorded in Canada.
Nevertheless, you have to require an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to fly to Canada. An Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) is an entry necessity for visa-exempt foreign nationals, visited Canada by air. An eTA is electronically associated with a traveler’s passport.
3. Start your application to apply for the Canadian student visa:
As soon as you achieve the acceptance letter from the university, it is time to go ahead to the next step i.e. applying for a student visa, which is regionally known as a student permit.
The first steps to attain your student visa:
– Apply online for your Canadian student visa, on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website before you visit in Canada. In countries with finite internet access, it’s also achievable to apply for a visa on paper.
– Present an acceptance letter from a designated learning institution which is a university recognized by the Canadian government.
– Bring proof of satisfactory financial resources to backing your studies in Canada included tuition fees and living expenses.
– Don’t have any criminal record.
– Submit medical records that explain you are in good health and complete clinical examinations that are required.
In accordance with recent visa regulations, if you have a family member functioning or applying for a work permit in Canada, the application for your study permit will be handled in two weeks.
You may resume or extend your study permit if you wish to continue your studies, if your program has an extension or if you change your institute.
The study permit expires after 90 days when your studies are finished and you collect a notification of the program fulfillment. You can still stopover in Canada to visit and analyze or apply for a work permit, which allows you to take a full time or part-time employment, or even be self-employed.
4. Pay Tuition Fee:
After obtaining your offer letter from your educational organization, you precondition to pay the tuition fee as its being mentioned in the offer letter. This payment is made over International Wire Transfer.
As soon as the institution accepts the payment amount and operate your tuition fee payment, a receipt will be circulated to you by the University or College.
This payment receipt will be needed to arrange a country house on your Canada student visa application.
5. Buy Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC):
It is important for the students to purchase a special guaranteed investment certificate (GIC) from any of the corporate banks like SBI Canada Bank, Nova Scotia Bank, ICICI Bank, CIBC Bank.
For the amount of Ten thousand two hundred US Dollars ($10,200) CAD for the arrangement of the expenditure of living for the one year.
Almost Two hundred US Dollars ($200) will be subtracted as the departmental charges by the Bank means this charge depends on the Bank. The student collects Two thousand US Dollars ($2000) without delay after landing in Canada.
Afterward, Eight thousand US Dollars ($8000) will be compensated to the students in twelve (12) identical installments as a monthly living expenditure.
4. Arrange all the required documents for the student visa in Canada:
– Student permit application form
– An authentic letter of acceptance from the university
– An accurate passport/travel document, which also allows you to arrive to your home country. This is not necessary If you live in the U.S.A.
– Two current passport-size photographs, with a blueprint of name and date of birth on the back
– Proof of economic support during your study program that presents the image of tuition fee + 833 CAD/month for all provinces, except Quebec or tuition fee + 917 CAD/month for Quebec
– A letter of clarification
– If you aim to study in Quebec, you will also require a Certificat d’acceptation du Québec, English and French interpretations for your document, a declaration from the interpreter and an approved
copy of the initial documents
5. Language necessities for the Canadian student visa
Except that you come from an English-speaking country, Canadian universities will need you to comply with confirmation of English language skillfulness. Accepted language tests are listed as:
– Cambridge English: Advanced
Confirmation of your language ability is not admitted on the list of needed documents for a Canadian student visa. But it is a good opinion to have some confirmation of English ability, just in case.
6. Biometrics consultation and interview:
Determined on the basis of conditions for your home country, you might have to turn up at a Visa Application Centre in your country to have your biometrics taken. The biometric fee is approximately 85 CAD.
This fee is in addition to the normal visa fee. Some countries are immune from the biometrics visit, so it’s probably they won’t require to visit an application center at all.
After implementing for your Canadian study permit, the preparation time for your visa may take up to 90 days, but for the most part, it takes less. This also relies upon a lot on the position in your home country.
Depending on your exclusive situation you might also be called for an interview. Local visa application centers will charge a limited fee for using their utilities. Proof that you compensated the study permit fee (150 CAD).